Continuing to build a successful business while attending to the world you operate in is a necessary balancing act.
Environmental insurance, sometimes called pollution liability, is a useful hedge when it comes to mitigating risk of loss and associated costs arising from remediation expenses, tort liability, and legal defense expenses.
Understanding how environmental liability exposes your holdings, property and operation to counterparty risk enables our environmental risk experts to provide best-in-class solutions you’re your environmental insurance needs.
Understanding the Risks
Environmental liabilities are often overlooked, frequently underestimated, and sometimes catastrophic. Because of this, it’s vital to understand the risks and associated liabilities arising from direct actions and/or indirect actions.
- Title V air emissions violation
- Leaking fuel storage tank
- Midnight dumping of hazardous materials
- Disposal of hazardous material
- Exacerbation of existing pollution events
- Newly created pollution conditions
- Environmental indemnification assumed in purchase and sales agreement for real estate transactions
- Risk of loss assumed under bill of lading
- Force majeure events that suspend contractual assumptions
- Environmental indemnification assumed in commercial lending agreements
- Construction defects that result in environmental releases after certificate of occupancy and before expiration of statute of repose
Identifying the Objectives
NFP maintains strong, senior level relationships with the top environmental insurance companies and our ability to succeed is founded upon mutual trust with our core trading partners. We pride ourselves on our unwavering approach to deliver where others have failed. Our knowledge of international and domestic insurance and reinsurance environmental markets provides us the keen ability to leverage the marketplace. Our understanding of numerous types of commercial insurance allows us to provide best-in-class coverage leveraging and maximizing environmental insurance recoveries for our clients if and when a loss occurs.
Uncovering the Risks and Creating a Solution
Whatever the state of your property holdings, NFP can guide you through the environmental insurance process and structure appropriate pollution liability coverage.